Sunday, October 19, 2008

Uncomfortable Purchasing Online?

Come to think of it, I can’t really think of many websites I’d feel uncomfortable purchasing an item online. Large corporations like Nordstrom, Mercer, Juicy Couture, Victoria Secret, etc are usually 100% reliable, and if it doesn’t work out you can always bring it back with full refund. Websites like Ebay would probably be my biggest concern. Even though I’ve never actually purchased anything from their website I think it’s a bit sketch. When looking up designer jeans, sunglasses, and handbags from the website you never actually know for sure if it’s going to look exactly like the picture. My friend Andrea showed me a Juicy Couture zip up and pants off Ebay that she wanted to purchase that said BRAND NEW but was half the price. Why would someone sell a BRAND NEW outfit off the website and only make half the prophet off of it? I kind of think it’s a scam and it’s not the actual designer brand [more like a knock off]. I’m sure some of the items are reliable, but not for me.

Other than that, I think purchasing items online is a safe bet. I actually buy a lot of things offline, since sometimes items on their website aren’t sold in their store. The only problem is the cost of shipping and handling.. sometimes it’s not worth it.

No comments: